SPOILERS ... SPOILERS ... SPOILERS

EPISODE 34

I missed the 1st 30 minutes because I was busy watching Michael Jackson's parents talking about their son. Wasted my time for nothing.

Anyway, the moment I switched channels, I saw Sam's mom hugging Phillip saying she didn't care about his impotence. Ahh happy ending.

Next Zoe was back in the picture, having dinner with Sam's family. I suspect she must have been told her heart was failing and she was dying like what I saw in the preview yesterday. Anyway she asked Sam's parents how would you know he's the one? They said at first glance, fated, that moment when two souls meet, you will know. Sam could see Zoe was thinking about something.

Next thing Zoe mailed the Triangel back to Belle with a note attached saying the Triangel originally belonged to Belle, so Belle was fated to be with Sam and not her. Then next day she met Sam at the beach and whilst Sam was telling her about his eyes, everything ok so he will fly again, but not as captain as he needed to re-train first. Zoe told Sam she wanted to break off the relationship with the reason as follows:-

"Then it is time for me to leave.. it is time for me to look after myself, to find myself...Maybe the person fated for you is Belle, you were not looking for me, but looking for Belle whilst I was looking for you but maybe we are not meant to be...we can still be friends and I will support you in everything you do. It is time for me to visit my family, I haven't seen them for quite awhile. Go find the one in your heart, go find Belle...", then she left leaving Sam very very confused and almost in tears. But Sam accepted it.

And then Belle found out from Ruby they broke up and Ruby told Belle this was the time to sort things out and to which Belle still answered I don't know. I thought previous episode Belle told Sam they could be best friends, the past is the past, so how come we have the same old garbage again? Is this like a recycle bin, again and again and again we hear the same bloody question. Can't we move on??? Belle had yet to receive that package from Zoe nor hear what Vincent had to say. I am morphing into a giraffe, long neck over the waiting.

Of course Zoe left for Rome, like where else? Can't they change location, like maybe Venice? As fate would have it Sam and Belle were working on the same flight. Then big drama happened.

One guy went into the toilet and smoked, and the forgot to put out his cigarette causing a fire which destroyed the toilet. Everybody panicked and Sam made a suggestion to go back to HK to check the damage, but (and this part I didn't know so I learned something) the captain said with a full tank of petrol, they can't land like that. So they needed to throw away some petrol and the passengers thought the plane was going down and panicked big time.

Belle asked Sam to come to meet the passengers and that guy who caused the whole problem began speaking very loud, saying his incident was small compared to the plane going down and Sam in a very smooth, clear and quiet voice said to that guy "Sir, if you do not stop causing a scene, I have the power to handcuff you". Then he shut up! Yeah!

But people still panicking although Sam explained all he could and then entered Belle, very emotional, almost crying screaming "I am a passenger too! I trust my crew with my life, I would give my life to them, please please trust them, pleaseeeeeeeee".

The end.

Tomorrow, some infuriating scenes like them with that orange again like in ther first 2 episodes and them kissing I think but Sam realised he loved Zoe and Belle loved Vincent and they had that speech about being friends again but Zoe seems unmoved by it all. Garbage, total garbage.

This series is killed by repetition, the uncertainty of Belle again and again and again and the whole thing about fate, destiny, love all between Belle and Sam. How many times must I go through the same torture?

Vincent's last message to Belle better be good!

Performance wise, Myolie Wu was more subdued and gave a very mature performance. What a delight to watch, now that I don't need to see her too perky.

Flora Chan really should try to vary her acting, her emotions. Of course her Belle is an emotional wreck, but there must be more to emotional wreck than looking uncertain and crying. Can't she look happy but uncertain? Maybe crying but happy? You know, more variety?

Francis Ng was the best of the best of the best. His best scene was with Zoe at the beach as Zoe tried to tell him why they must part ways and his Sam looked so pitiful, so confused, like wondering what went wrong? I was hoping Sam would ask Zoe "Why?" but he didn't, he looked confused and in tears. Definitely the best scene of tonight's garbage episode.

End credits we have someone explaining about...what was that? Can't remember. I was hoping they would explain about the dumping of petrol in mid air, very interesting stuff or power to arrest someone during flight. Like what happened to Ronald Cheng!!

Anyway, this series is ending in 5 more episodes then will be replaced by another big and heavily promoted production, Point Of No Return. Imagine this, 5 more episodes. I can't take it anymore.

This series is a prime example of going on for far too long and losing it's sight on what to say and ended up with nothing more to say.

0 comments:

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

For your information

This series was released in 2003 but was broadcast over ASTRO Wah Lai Toi in 2005. This episodic thoughts was written during that broadcast over ASTRO on a daily basis from Monday to Friday, episode per episode and it is officially completed when the series ended its run. Episodic Thoughts consists of summary of plot and a review of the current episode, all written by me, Funn Lim. The comments are still open so feel free to post your comments. Please be informed that the posts in here are full of spoilers. Thank you.

> Cast list

Subject matter

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Top Commenters

Get this widget

Counter