SPOILERS ... SPOILERS ... SPOILERS

EPISODE 22

The story continues as Isaac pursued Sam all the way to the parking lot and asked the question I am sure many of you were asking; "brother, why didn't you explain yourself to Henry? You didn't want to fly..." and Sam said "The truth is I wanted to and now I don't want to, so it doesn't matter".



At this point I finally found out the name of the manager is, depending on the pronunciation of the actors, either Henry or Harry. I suspect Henry since both are the same but Henry is more formal AND I still do not know the actor's name.



Sam went home, confused, that he decided to go for a holiday at where else but the favoured destination of love sick lovers and people with troubles in their minds, yes, Rome (again).But before he left I think Isaac said to Sam he wanted to become a pilot again because "You can't fly though you wanted to whilst I can fly but I didn't want to". I think this is Isaac's way of telling Sam how much he admired and loved him because he wanted to carry on Sam's legacy.



Once at Rome Sam went wandering around and guess who he met? ZOE! It made me wonder whether Rome was indeed that small. Zoe, like a love sick no. 1 fan went to Sam and well in a minute of really manic moment (in part due to Myolie's over eager and over acting) tried very hard to make Sam smile again. Sam didn't find it funny and walked away but Zoe told him a story about a little girl who was born with a congenital heart disease and was predicted to die at the age of 1 but she lived on till today and she decided every extra day was a bonus and so she vowed to smile and love happily. Sam thought the story was corny and told Zoe "Yes, yes I got your meaning" but Zoe persisted and Zoe confessed, "I am that little girl" but I don't think Sam believed her. And then like yesterday's preview of today's episode, I saw Zoe feeling some pain in her chest and fainted right in the middle of the street in Rome full of people looking at them. Ohhhhh I panicked big time because to me this was just far too early to turn into Greek tragedy and Sam loving Zoe because he pitied her. Guess what? Sam was panicking as well and asked in his rather odd but improved English, "Is there any doctor here?" and Zoe woke up and said "Sam Sam I am alright!". Zoe was joking of course and like Sam I was relieved and yet wanted to kick her. It wasn't funny, because Sam thought she was dying and I thought by her about to die this series might become corny and too sentimental MUCH too soon. Luckily not!



Back in HK, Belle could not bring herself to forgive Vincent. She realised that Vincent didn't have any malicious intention but she couldn't believed that Vincent still hurt Sam that much, however sincere his intention was. Ruby, Vincent's no. 1 fan of course said no way, Vincent was right. This scene was before Zoe went to Rome and Zoe agreed with Belle and she thought Vincent betrayed Sam.



At this juncture my sister asked me; "So what do you think" and I said "Vincent was not malicious, he meant well but he should have given Sam more credit" because like Belle I thought Vincent was being malicious without realising it. My sister said "I think Vincent was right; Sam did registered himself and you can't just change Captain in the last minute of a flight".



At this point this all seems so surreal; we talked as if TITS is a reality show.



Anyway, back to Belle. She left HK to go to Rome to find Sam. Coco called Belle and Ruby told Vincent Belle left for Rome. Coco of course at this point being the satay queen poked fire and yet in the nicest way of course as she was just voicing her concern (I think being malicious without really meaning to be just that runs in the family of Vincent since Coco kinda was the same) but Vincent with his silly grin said "I believe Belle; she did this for me because she had to find Sam to apologise to him. Sometimes women just don't understand between men, apologies need not be stated clearly...I believe Belle" and Coco said ok and left BUT then the camera zoomed into Vincent and I thought; Vincent, are you relieved (because he was half smiling) or are you worried (because he looked worried). I don't know and I think Joe Ma didn't either. I don't think Vincent is that open minded, no man is when it comes to his woman.



Back in Rome, Zoe and Sam were cooking when Isaac appeared. At this point I cursed; the writer should have continued with the Zoe-Isaac link but well...tough luck, you can't have everything. Then Zoe and Sam went for a walk and they passed that fountain where people made wishes and tossed coins and Sam told Zoe about this and Zoe said she knew because before she found Sam she made a wish; that Sam would be happy again. Sam was very touched and Sam looked at Zoe with that intense gaze of his and said "Zoe, thank you" and Zoe smilingly and playfully said "If you want to thank me, treat me to dinner OR better yet, buy me a gift". This was perhaps the most romantic line thus far in this series and very heart warming scene when FINALLY, FINALLY Sam took Zoe's outstretched hand and said softly, "Am I big enough a gift for you?" and Zoe said please stop kidding but Sam was very very very very very very very very serious and so they walked around the fountain hand in hand! YIPPEE!! And Belle saw them and guess what? Belle sat down smiling, in a way relieved and threw a coin into the fountain. I wonder what was her wish?? Zoe and Sam, doomed couple??



Back in HK, Sam and Isaac returned to their very happy parents and Isaac told his parents about Zoe and Sam. Everybody was very happy and Sam was very shy about it all and Isaac was very vocal and it was a very funny scene. Don't miss this one.



Belle meanwhile went home and saw of all people Vincent's ex girlfriend. She actually confided in this woman and this woman (played by Eileen Yew) told Belle everything; how Vincent let Belle to choose and all. And she gave a very logical explanation that I find reasonable; "If Vincent was as malicious and as small minded as you think he is, he wouldn't have let you choose". In a way she was right but hey, I can still remember that cake throwing and no apologies scene so I think perhaps there is more to Vincent that meets the eyes. Or maybe it was a combination of bad acting and bad writing.



Belle went to Vincent and they became a couple again. I am sure 2 episodes later they will quarrell again. How difficult is this relationship to maintain? Well having a husband who pretends to be very open minded but actually minded it all and having the wife to explain herself again and again and having a wife who feels more concern for her ex boyfriend and having a husband to run after her again and again, this marriage is doomed! Also because I know Vincent will die. That is the problem of reading reviews, such as this so ha ha ha! You shall suffer as I do knowing Vincent's fate, No more suspense!



Where was I ? Oh yes, Isaac went back to flying, Sam in turn went to Henry to of all things resign because he said "I actually wanted to fly that day, I can't forgive myself" but Henry said "why not be an instructor for the time being" and Sam said "no, let me think about it" and then Henry revealed Vincent actually recommended Sam to be nominated for some youth extraordinaire award or something. So Vincent was quite ok. Sam went home, thought about it and confided in Vincent he wanted some challenge and then he saw passengers complaining and he suddenly thought he could be a Costumer Service person! I mean, really? REALLY??? Maybe he can't bear to see a plane or talk about it, which was why he refused to be an instructor and became a lowly assistant manager at the Customer Service dept! Shocking! I mean stupid plot twist but I guess we have already seen the instructor plot, so in an attempt to introduce the various dept in an airport, Sam became the assistant manner reading congratulatory letters of himself! I mean my god, why? Why? WHYYYY?? I mean why not put him in the control tower? Why not write a scene where Vincent and Isaac were in a plane full of passengers and they had to make emergency landing and the control tower was there to give guidance? I mean this is what control tower supposed to do and Sam's expertise would be of better use! Ridiculous.



And that's about it. It ended there. The ending credits we have an actor explaining beru convincingly the makings of a plane. He said the planes are actually made of aluminium I think and my sister was thinking stainless steel and I was thinking maybe one day, plastic planes where we can see inside as they can see outside!



No preview of next week. Strange. Maybe something tragic will happen... I wonder what??? Hmmmmm...





Performance wise, dear Ron was very weak in more emotional scene but guess what? I like hm.



Francis Ng rules.



Myolie Wu was a bit over acting tonight; not very good whilst surprisingly Flora did better with a more controlled performance.



One good scene I must mention is where Donald was at the airport and he met his father and the assistant. Zita was right next to him and the assistant was saying; "What a smart boy!" and his father said "He can fly the plane anywhere he wants but he will be a smart boy if he comes back to the company.." and Donald said "You said you will give me 2 years? I will be independent, I love my job" and his father retorted "I can assure you that you will be running back to home for money!". Zita of course said "Uncle maybe you should respect Donald's choice" and Donald was very embarrassed because his father was darn rude! It is funny that when he greeted the assistant, he was very friendly but his father was like Ice man. In that one scene Sammul did well as he tried very hard to make his father proud and show the woman of his dreams he is in control but his father successfully killed his joy. I mean what kind of a father is this who doesn't show up at his son's important functions and put down his son in front of his Goddess Zita?



Everybody else did not exist in this episode.

0 comments:

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

For your information

This series was released in 2003 but was broadcast over ASTRO Wah Lai Toi in 2005. This episodic thoughts was written during that broadcast over ASTRO on a daily basis from Monday to Friday, episode per episode and it is officially completed when the series ended its run. Episodic Thoughts consists of summary of plot and a review of the current episode, all written by me, Funn Lim. The comments are still open so feel free to post your comments. Please be informed that the posts in here are full of spoilers. Thank you.

> Cast list

Subject matter

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Top Commenters

Get this widget

Counter