SPOILERS ... SPOILERS ... SPOILERS

EPISODE 28

Belle was very very worried about that whole HIV scare and she wouldn't know the results until a few days later. So in times of deep fear, uncertainty and pain, she called not her husband but Sam. Sam consoled her the best he could. Vincent saw Belle taking some pills but didn't know what it was. Then he tried to have sex with her but she refused. He thought she was not feeling well as in cold and fever but Belle was very afraid; she was afraid she would infect everybody, and Sam consoled her the best he could. And because he wanted to be there for Belle, Sam refused to go with Zoe on their trip, though Zoe didn't know why but she trusted him. When Zoe went home, she was actually very very disappointed but as she held the triangel doll and said "What is destined to be yours is yours" and her eyes was almost in tears but she was smiling in an optimistic way, I kinda suspected she knew Sam saying no had something to do with Belle or perhaps with Sam's own refusal to actually really love Zoe wholeheartedly. I think it is funny that Sam met Belle for a day and he slept with her and yet with Zoe, when Isaac kinda playfully suggested the trip will be akin to a honeymoon kinda trip, Sam immediately told Isaac to mind his manners. Was this Sam saying he was not trully committed to Zoe? What will it take for him to be committed? Zoe dying? I was very disappointed with Sam and his wishy washy ways and I pity Zoe who truly gave her heart to Sam who didn't give her his because his already given to someone else. And Belle too because when she went to take the results and she was ok, she hugged Sam and Vincent was there to witnessed it. He consulted his friend about Belle's pills and found out from his friend it was for HIV positive patients. When Belle went home, Vincent was very very cold towards her. Belle kinda knew why and she immediately told him about the whole HIV scare. Whilst I thought Vincent could have been more open minded about the whole issue about Belle, HIV, secrecy and Sam, I thought it wasn't baseless for him to ask that one question we all might ask our spouse if the other spouse did what Belle did;



"When you were afraid, who did you call? You called Sam..."



And that was that. Vincent was utterly devastated by Belle's behaviour. He also suggested something might be going on between Sam and Belle, at least when it comes to matters of the heart and Belle tried to deny it but Vincent left. Then Belle sat alone thinking about that one day at Rome and yes my fellow netizens, Belle indeed called Sam because in her heart there was still Sam. But I can understand it this way and maybe Vincent could.. that Belle was a romantic at heart and no woman will ever forget their first true love. She loved Vincent no doubt, but not with the burning intensity she felt for Sam and in some ways she may not have married the man she loved with such passion but she married a man she could spend the rest of her life with. Maybe Vincent didn't understand all that. I thought he was petty but yet I can truly understand why he was that angry.



I saw in the preview Vincent will propose a separation tomorrow. I guess he was fed up of being second fiddle but Vincent, you almost had it all, you were almost there, why can't you hang on? I can tell you why...Point of No Return is showing soon and Vincent has got to meeta fate so dramatic that it will alter Belle's life as well as Sam and Zoe's life. Call me a cynic but I thought today's Belle-Vincent-Sam issue was pure drama. But good drama actually.



Now back to Isaac-Zita-Donald. Whenever Zita was around with Donald, Isaac felt uneasy, so I guess he finally realised he actually liked her.



Anyway Donald took Zita home for dinner to see his parents and his mom took an instant liking to Zita. But daddy was truly horrible. This man was dead awful. He had total disrespect for his son and when they were having dinner, his father said to Donald he should return home for business and Donald argued he wanted to forge his own destiny and his father said his destiny, like himself has been set since Donald's grandfather started the family business and Donald said no he won't come back and his mother scolded his father saying Zita was here and she saw Zita as future daughter in law and his father asked Zita "Don't you agree with what I said? Donald joined the course to get near Zita and now that he has her, he should some home... Since you will be marrying my son, I will give you two a big banquet as long as Donald comes home to learn the business and as his wife and my daughter in law, you will encourage Donald to do so and assist him in the business" and Zita tried to say she didn't agree when Donald replied "Whether I marry Zita or come back to run the business is not the same issue!" and his mother said "I don't see the relevance!" and his father said the most hurtful words like "I do not want my son marrying a woman who will spend all his money and will be of no help, like the woman I married so Zita, you are not cut out to be part of this family!" and his mother was close to tears said "How can you say that on my birthday?" and Donald refused and his father left.



That entire scene was classic. I truly liked the tension and I pitied Donald. What a stupid and mean father.



Then back at home Isaac was packing his bage because he wanted to move back to Sam's place on the excuse that mommy wanted him to when in actual fact he couldn't bear to see Donald and Zita together. As he was upstairs packing, Chris and Roy went outside and away from Isaac.



Donald took Zita home and apologised to Zita and asked Zita "Will you be by my side always?" and Zita nodded and smiled sweetly and Donald. I guess Zita truly loved Donald now.



Donald went home and he overheard Chris and Roy saying Zita was in love with Isaac and now she is with Donald and Isaac couldn't stand it and he is moving...



Cue Donald's shocked face and I think the end. Didn't really pay attention tonight.



I want to talk more about Donald and his father.



I think his father just refused to see the changed Donald. Before the training and Zita, Donald I think was pretty arrogant and useless. But now he had a purpose, he had an objective and Zita was truly a good influence. The father not seeing past his own misery at having to run his own father's business now wanted to make Donald suffer but of course this wasn't said so blatantly in the series. I don't think his father loved him since he was never there for Donald at all. Really hate that father.



Anyway the plot is not getting thicker but getting more and more dramatic. Not sure if I like the direction it is heading.



Performance wise, nothing much to say except Flora should really brush up on her "I am crying so hard because I am so scared" look. She was truly awful in that scene where Sam tried to console Belle who was afraid of contaminating anything and infecting everyone. Awful.



Myolie Wu did very well with her fear and uncertainty scenes whilst I thought Sammul Chan was decent and Joe Ma was ok as the uncertain husband.



What will happen tomorrow? When will Vincent die? Will I bring out my kleenex for that scene or will Flora spoil it all with her dramatic crying scenes?



Only a few more episodes and I will know.

1 comments:

Anonymous February 7, 2005 at 3:06 PM  

sammie

I don't think he will die yet in today episode , anyway because there is a dying theme this time astro decide to stop till wed and continue back after the Chinese New Year . I guess no need to dampen the CNY mood .

Armed Reaction IV is ending on Wed also ( thank goodness ! )

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

For your information

This series was released in 2003 but was broadcast over ASTRO Wah Lai Toi in 2005. This episodic thoughts was written during that broadcast over ASTRO on a daily basis from Monday to Friday, episode per episode and it is officially completed when the series ended its run. Episodic Thoughts consists of summary of plot and a review of the current episode, all written by me, Funn Lim. The comments are still open so feel free to post your comments. Please be informed that the posts in here are full of spoilers. Thank you.

> Cast list

Subject matter

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Top Commenters

Get this widget

Counter